Sometimes you just need a giant stack of pancakes loaded with fruit.
One of my favorite morning meals is definitely pancakes. I’m also a major fruit lover. Combining both sure provides the best solution to satisfy my hunger for a naturally sweet and filling breakfast. Hence my eagerness to share this recipe for loaded fruit pancakes so everyone else can indulge too!
I used greek yogurt in my pancakes to thicken them up. This idea came from a recipe I found from Sweet Peas and Saffron for fluffy pancakes. The addition of greek yogurt provides some extra protein than your standard pancake batter! I chose to add some additional fruit, use a cashew rather than almond for my nut and vanilla instead of lemon for the extra flavoring.
Blueberry or banana pancakes are probably the most popular, but why not have more than one fruit included? I chose to use some strawberries and peaches too! Start by dicing these up and combine with the blueberries. Set half of this aside for a use later in the recipe. Next chop up some banana too.
In a bowl mix together the sugar, nut milk, eggs, greek yogurt and vanilla. Slowly combine the flour and baking powder, then add in the four fruits and all of the nuts. Heat some coconut oil or butter on a skillet and add batter. Cook for a few minutes and then flip. Repeat until all pancakes are made.
I chose a gluten free multi-purpose flour blend to use. This particular one from Pillsbury is a favorite of mine!
You can make your own compote instead of always using syrup! While pancakes cook put the fruit that was set aside (without banana) in a small pot with a little agave. Heat up to a soft boil for about 5-10 minutes, stirring often. The fruit should create some juices so you end up with a nice sweet sauce.
When everything is ready top the nut and fruit pancakes off with the compote and serve! What’s not to like about hearty pancakes loaded with goodies? I really loved the subtleness of the cashews amidst all the different fruits.
Cashew Vanilla Mixed Fruit Pancakes
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 peach
- 2 cups flour gluten free blend
- 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cashew milk
- 1/4 cup sugar pure cane
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cashews pieces
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- First dice up the fresh fruit (I chose strawberries, peaches and bananas) and combine with blueberries. Set half aside (minus the bananas) for a homemade fruit compote.
- In a bowl mix together the sugar, nut milk, eggs, greek yogurt and vanilla. Slowly combine the flour and baking powder, then add in some of the fruit and all of the nuts.
- Heat some coconut oil or butter on a skillet and add batter. Cook for a few minutes and then flip. Repeat until all pancakes are made.
- While pancakes cook put the fruit in a small pot with a little agave. Heat up to a soft boil for about 5-10 minutes, stirring often. The fruit should create some juices so you end up with a sweet sauce.
- When everything is ready top the pancakes off with the fruit compote and serve!
These fruit pancakes were so delicious that my family talked about them weeks after I made it for everyone. They were light in texture but impressive in size, which made for a perfect morning meal. Not to mention, a homemade compote to top it off really set the bar for future pancake recipes!
If you liked these try out my greek yogurt muffins recipe too!