Do you add avocado to everything? This stuffed chicken just made a quick dinner richly satisfying!
There are plenty of ways to cook meat, like marinating or topping with a savory crust, but sometimes you should just stuff it instead! I am a huge fan of filling steak, chicken or pork with a little something extra. There is so much more that you can do to dress up a meat by stuffing the center rather than just putting something on top. Preparing it this way can really transform your meal!
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like the addition of avocado is ALWAYS a good idea! I was getting dinner started and planned on making a creamy avocado chicken pasta (similar to one I’ve made before- check it out here) but decided to come up with something new! I make stuffed chicken quite often but for some reason have never tried it with avocado. Simplicity at it’s best!
Set out two raw chicken breasts and coat them with a little olive oil. Slice down the middle on one side so they can be opened but are not completely cut in half. Stuff each center with half of an avocado. Sprinkle with seasonings and a little lemon juice. Fold the top of the chicken back over so the contents are completely covered up.
I also put some lemon juice, pepper and herbs on top of the chicken before placing in the oven. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes. I did my best not to mash up the avocado when I stuffed the chicken but that is strictly your preference!
Avocado Stuffed Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts boneless/skinless
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp basil minced or dried
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 green onion stalk chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Set out two raw chicken breasts and coat them with the olive oil. Slice down the middle on one side so they can be opened but are not completely cut in half.
- Stuff each center with half of an avocado. Sprinkle with seasonings and a little lemon juice. Fold the top of the chicken back over so the contents are completely covered up.
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes. Make sure the chicken is completely cooked through before removing from the oven and serving.
The juicy chicken and warm avocado makes for a delicious bite. I do think the next time I make this I may try to come up with a creamy sauce to go over the top. That addition could really set this off! If you want more ideas for ways to stuff meat try my roll-ups recipe!
I’m also a fan of cooking with avocado oil! If you haven’t tried it yet you definitely should- it’s a great source for a healthy fat in your diet!