Do you ever wonder who to follow for free workouts at home?
There are so many women out there doing what I do that helped me get started and keep up with my passion for fitness. I really want to spread the word about my favorites because more people should follow these impactful women. Plus, I am all about raising awareness for women who help other women. It’s not about competing with one another, it’s about helping each other reach the same goals!
I chose these seven fitness instructors because I personally do their workouts and they are FREE. Each of these women ignited the fire in me to share fitness routines that can transform you because they care about helping others help themselves. They wanted to put what works for them out there so others can do the same in their own lives. It’s all about women lifting each other up to be the best versions of who they are- not about trying to be better than someone else who is doing the same to improve themselves!
Stop finding excuses and start taking action! A gym membership is not a requirement to get the body you want….
- Kelli of FitnessBlender is a huge inspiration to me! I’ve been watching her videos for about 5 years and it’s so great to see her now reaching millions of followers. The videos have a sample of the next move, which is extremely helpful, and also shows an average amount of calories burned for each workout. What I really love is that she does couple workouts too! The best thing has to be that FitnessBlender offers over 500 free videos of all types and time frames- seriously doesn’t get any better than that!
Explore all the workout videos here!
- Anna of PopSugar is another one that I have been following for years. I recommend this website to people the most often because the majority of the workouts are 10-20 minutes and there is such a large selection to choose from. PopSugar is a great resource when you don’t have much time but really want to get in a good workout. She has awesome guest hosts too! Another reason I recommend PopSugar is the videos are usually group workouts which means someone is doing an advanced version and someone else is doing a modified move.
Explore all the workout videos here!
- Melissa from MelissaBenderFitness is another fantastic fitness woman to follow. I personally love the fact that she has generated a huge following but seems so real and unchanging. Her videos are just out of her home but she’s hardcore and doing the entire thing right along with you. I am drawn to her routines because it’s exactly how I like to workout- a little bit of everything at once. She mixes cardio with sculpting and some serious abs into most all of her posts. Melissa is currently pregnant and still exercising AND posting- how inspirational!
Explore some of her workouts and programs here!
- Cassey Ho of Blogilates is an energetic instructor I’ve been following for a few years now. She does a lot of great lean legs and love handle exercises. Pilates is the foundation for many types of exercise, it helps improve your form and it strengthens your core. Cassey provides tons of Pilates based routines that can mostly all be accomplished in less than half an hour. She also just started to travel for fitness classes, so that’s definitely on my bucket list!
Explore her workouts here!
- Deanna of The Live Fit Girl is someone that I just started following within the last year. I really love her bosu and exercise ball routines! She posts a variety of workouts that are really easy to follow because she is a personal trainer. I find a lot of her circuits to be really creative and stand out from the norm. Deanna’s passion for fitness and desire to help others choose a healthier lifestyle really encourages me to get my certification so I can follow the same path.
Explore her workouts here!
- Karena and Katrina of Tone it Up Girls are a power duo that I just discovered recently as well. They have very professional videos that really encourage me to set some high goals for where I want mine to be in the future. What makes these girls different from the rest is that they are a best friend team so the vibe is always really fun. They have been featured in tons of magazines and definitely know what they are doing! What I love about them is they have made it big but they still handle everything themselves so Karena and Katrina are extremely devoted.
Explore their workouts here!
- Rebecca-Louise is someone that I wish I had discovered sooner because she has tons of videos up as well. Most all of her videos are focused on working out just one part of your body and are organized by category. Her ab routines are what hooked me! She has great circuits and her videos are always filmed in beautiful, peaceful scenery that takes you away from over-focusing on struggling through any part of the routine.
Explore her workouts here!
The majority of these ladies are certified in fitness and wellness, yet still provide free workouts at home for the public. Most all of these women offer programs, nutrition tips and other helpful forms of encouragement on their websites. Some of them even do tours! I’m sure there are so many others out there, so let me know if there is someone who puts free exercise routines up that you love so I can check them out too! There are plenty of others I follow who are fantastic that do programs you can pay for as well (Kayla Itsines being one of them). They are worth looking in to and investing in! I just really wanted to share these seven in particular because they offer frequent workouts that are immediately accessible.
Looking for quick access to some of these popular exercise videos?
You can check out my favorite workouts to do from each of the fitness women I featured here on my YouTube channel! When I don’t feel like coming up with my own routine I just click on one of these videos and get a great workout in from one of my inspirations above. Subscribe so next time you are searching for free workouts at home you can immediately get your sweat on!
To work out at home all you really need is a mat! The majority of the exercises in these videos focus on bodyweight, so you just need some comfortable padding underneath you. There are so many mats out there for yoga and other active fitness use but I definitely recommend Zen Active. This company has great ratings for their non slip environmentally friendly mats.
My personal favorite piece of workout equipment is my set of ankle weights! The ones that I have are 10 lbs but you can purchase less or more weight, plus they are adjustable. I’ve had mine for six years and use them frequently. They are great for step routines and lower body toning!
Thanks girl! I love Kayla Istines too. I’m going to check out Blogilates as I need more core strength? Your doing AWESOME!
Thank you, Olivia! She’s coming to tour in Houston soon- I’ll have to check out the date so we can look into attending!
I can’t believe you’ve put me with such talented women!! I LOVE them all and follow all of them too! They are such an inspiration, and have inspired ME to do what I do and help others! Thanks so much for including me Collette!! 🙂
You deserve it, Deanna! Thank YOU! Keep it up!
Great list! I definitely follow some of these people already but you did introduce me to some new ones! Thank you!
It is so helpful to have this list! I am one to stick with a routine for a few weeks, and then say to myself, “What can I do to make this more interesting.” Your blog provides some great avenues to explore to keep boredom away! Thanks for collecting these fitness routines!
Of course! Finding these turned my life around so I definitely want to share for others out there so they can hopefully do so as well 🙂
Yay, thanks for the list!
I am definitely saving this for future reference! I LOVE my TurboFire workout system, but I get bored really easily and like to mix it up with fresh new videos. When I’m in the mood for something different, I try to find videos on YouTube. The vast amount of workout videos on YouTube is a little overwhelming, though, and sifting through the boring or the annoying to find the gems can be frustrating. I will have to check out the ones on your list! Getting recommendations from someone who has tried them is so helpful – thanks for sharing! By the way, one of my personal favorites is Jessica Smith TV. The variety of videos she offers ensures I’ll find something for every mood, fitness need, and energy level!
– Lisa, http://www.themerrymomma.com
I agree- I want to be able to go straight to a channel and know that I will find a good workout to start right away instead of wasting time trying to search through endless options. Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely have to check her out for my next workout session 🙂
Thanks for compiling a great resource here. As a health coach, it’s always nice to be able to pass along free resources to my clients. Thank you.
Definitely! Please share- these ladies are awesome and I highly recommend them all from personal experience!
This is wonderful. I just had a little one. so getting back into the work-out grove is difficult when you dont have an idea on where to start. This will help ao much.
These are great resources!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks for sharing this. I have watched a few but didn’t know about the majority. I’m certainly going to utilize this post for later.
I love Kelli from Fitnessblender! Also, dancing helps me feel amazing and sexy, so if that vibe attracts your tribe, check out Keaira LaShae, who offers both free and paid dance videos (everything from belly dance to Tampa twerk to hip-hop).
Also, I have to give a shout-out to local gal Shelly Dose, who offers great HIIT options with equipment such as cardio balls, weights and more.
I will definitely try to find both of them online and look into their stuff, thanks for sharing!! I’m all about dance too 🙂
[…] 7 Inspiring Fitness Women to Follow […]
Thanks for this list of women to follow. I love the idea of refraining from comparisons and focusing on supporting one another as we travel to our goals. I know well that comparisons can crush us. Great post!
Exactly! It’s not about who is better. I encourage people to follow them all because each one has the same goal- to help you reach yours!
Awesome list! I definitely need to check out a few of the names on here that I’m unfamiliar with.
Anna has such great workouts, I do a video of hers from Popsugar three times a week and it is getting me into great shape! I love that there are so many awesome workouts available on YouTube.
Great list! I’m surprise you didn’t include some of the big names on YouTube such as Nikki Blacketter or Ally Stone. Regardless, I can’t wait to look into these names further!
I’ve actually never heard of either so I’ll have to check those out! I’m always searching for new videos to try out!
Wow, thanks for sharing this, you had me at free workout! I’m trying to get started again and thisis just what I needed.
I run a restaurant blog that is making me gain weight. Ehhh who am I kidding, I’m doing it to myself. But I love that you have all this here because I’m trying to get my fitness together and on track. Thanks so much for this it’s motivating me to go to the gym TONIGHT!!
Danielle | http://www.FollowMyGut.com <3
Oh I feel yah- I love food haha! That’s why I want to provide all these workouts for the public so they can enjoy themselves and not feel guilty about eating good food.
I have heard great things about fitness blender I have to check them out. Thanks for sharing your list
There are so many on this list that I love! I’ve been following Bender Fitness for years, and I definitely consider myself a Tone It Up Girl. 🙂
These women provide such fun workouts and are a great fitness resource! I did some of Casey Ho’s workouts when I was pregnant!
These workouts are lit, i am on a slump right now, and this is what i needed.
My wife will surely love this site. She’s been looking for sites about fitness for quite a while now. Thanks for sharing!